Safety Oriented Sailing Instruction for Area Youth
Since our pilot program in 2016, the Havre de Grace Youth Sailing Program has offered sailing instruction for students between 7 and 18 years of age. We use US Sailing certified instructors to foster a safe and supportive learning environment, helping students develop confidence and character, while developing an appreciation for our local environment.
The Program is managed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, who strive to ensure that every participant succeeds.
- Classes are open to all between the ages of 7 and 18
- All participants must pass a basic swim test (with life jacket)
- Instructors are US Sailing Certified
- Student-to-instructor ratio never exceeds 10-to-1
- And we have a Red Cross certified water safety instructory
Our Students Have Fun While Learning About:
- Water safety and boating safety
- The basics of small boat handling and dinghy sailing
- Maritime rules of the road
- Nautical history
- Advanced topics in sailing (as appropriate)
- Expanding their youth experience resume
- Appreciating the local environment
- Building confidence and character
Don’t delay! Register a child, donate to help a child, or Contact Us Here to learn more.