The 2020 sailing program has been canceled, due to COVID-19 concerns. We will return with an even greater program in 2021. Please follow THIS LINK for more information.
Safe, Certified, Sailing Instruction for Area Youth
Since our pilot program in 2016, the Havre de Grace Youth Sailing Program has offered first-rate sailing instruction for students between 7 and 18 years of age. We foster a safe and supportive learning environment, helping students to build confidence and character, while developing an appreciation for our local environment.
The Program is managed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, who strive to ensure that every participant succeeds.
- Classes are open to anyone between the ages of 7 and 18
- All participants must pass a basic swim test (with life jacket)
- Intructors are US Sailing Certified
- Student-to-instructor ratio never exceeds 10-to-1
- And we have a Red Cross certified instructor for drown-proofing and water safety
Our Students Have Fun, Learning:
- Water safety and boating safety
- The basics of sailing
- Maritime rules of the road
- Rules of the Road (navigation)
- Nautical history
- Advanced topics in sailing
- Expand your youth experience resume
- Develop appreciation for our local environment
- Build confidence and character
Don’t delay! Register today, or contact us to learn more.